This month’s theme was game dev, and the major project was my text adventure, Runed Awakening.
art: More than half the week went, pretty solidly, towards my magnum opus, which was a gigantic Christmas card I wanted to finish by the end of the year so I could stick it in this art improvement grid which I should probably put here on my own gosh-darn website. I spent the last two days of the week just doodling, to kind of de-stress from finishing this and the blog posts. Also started doing daily comics again, which is how I got started drawing one year ago. Now they’re a little more ambitious though.
SLADE: Fixed a couple issues I ran across while writing the posts: some drawing errors I caused, a very obscure drawing error I didn’t cause, and some helpful configuration of arg specials. I also spruced up some less-than-helpful stuff on the ZDoom wiki.
Thus ends my first attempt at a theme month. I sort of sabotaged myself twice here by biting off a bit too much: a huge 4096×4096 painting that took a solid week to finish, and a series of articles that ended up preposterously long and also took a solid week.
So the major project, Runed Awakening, did not get quite as far as I would’ve liked. It did get much further than it would’ve if I hadn’t decided to prioritize it, and I’m still jazzed to keep working on it, so I’ll still call this a success. This month will have a different theme and major project, but I’ll keep chugging away on my game as well. Wish me luck!